Message From: Congressman Ted Deutch

Over and over again, we hear Republicans feed the American people the lie that Social Security is going broke and that somehow the retirement benefits of American workers are responsible for our national deficit. No matter who spouts this misinformation, we have a responsibility to set the record straight. That's why this week in Judiciary Committee, I went head to head with Douglas Holtz-Eakin, one of Senator John McCain's top economic advisers in 2008.

Watch the exchange:
 


On a separate note, I wanted to let you know I am in a social media competition with some of my Democratic colleagues in Congress. In a race to see who can get the most new Facebook fans and Twitter followers, I am already gaining on some of my more senior colleagues. If you would like to help put a strong South Florida Democrat on the social media map, all you have to do is "Like" my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter.


I hope you enjoy the video, and I hope to connect online soon.

Yours truly,


Ted Deutch

No comments: