HOW RICK SCOTT WILL CLAIM HE SAVED FLORIDA'S ECONOMY - By kicking people off unemployment, of course. "When 65-year-old Raymond Togyer isn't polishing his resume or cold calling potential employers, he's spending hours trying, unsuccessfully, to navigate Florida's labyrinthine unemployment compensation system. Togyer -- who was laid off for the first time in his adult life from a high-paying civil engineering job in June -- has spent the last seven weeks sending and resending letters, staying on hold for hours and checking state websites, all to no avail. He is one of hundreds of thousands of out-of-work Floridians flummoxed by what has become the most tightfisted unemployment compensation system in the nation. 'They told me that I was eligible and that I was going to be getting $275 a week,' said the Togyer, of Fort Lauderdale. 'That was seven weeks ago. To this day I have not received anything. I'm draining my savings to pay my bills.'" READ MORE....

No comments: