Qualifying begins in Broward County

Qualifying begins in Broward County
As a Jan. 29 election qualifying period kicked off Friday

Of nine cities that began taking candidates' filing fees and qualifying paperwork Friday, Pembroke Pines drew the strongest showing, with all five candidates who previously announced their intent to run visiting City Hall.

With the exception of Parkland, candidates have until noon Nov. 16 to make their candidacies official with municipal clerks. Parkland's qualifying period ends noon Nov. 9.
 
Those filing on Friday were:
Cooper City (mayor and two commission seats): mayor, Debby Eisinger (I), Lisa Conlan Dodge; District 4, Diane Sori, James C. Curran; District 3, Neal de Jesus
 
Hillsboro Beach (two at-large seats): None
Hollywood (mayor and all six district seats): District 1, Sara Case
 
Lauderdale-By-The-Sea (mayor, vice mayor, mayor-pro-tem): mayor, Lawrence William "Peanuts" Wick ; mayor pro-tem, Charles T. "Chuck" Clark (I)
 
Lighthouse Point (mayor and two commission seats): mayor, Fred Schorr (I); commission seat, Sandy Johnson (I)
 
Margate (three at-large seats): Seat 1, Frank Talerico, (I)
 
Parkland (one commission seat): None
 
Pembroke Pines (mayor and two district seats): mayor, Frank C. Ortis (I); District 2, William B. Armstrong (I), Jack McCluskey and Jay Schwartz; District 3, Iris A. Siple (I)
 
Sea Ranch Lakes (mayor and two council seats): council seat, Elliott Sokolow; mayor, Denise Bryan
 
(I) Indicates an incumbent.
 
 

 


  
A Election '08 News Site:
For News And Commentary:
 
For Florida Election News See:
 
Political Talk For And By Political Junkies
Just Rumors The Rumor Mills

No comments: