HOWARD ELFMAN MAKES HIS CASE CLEAR

HOWARD ELFMAN MAKES HIS CASE CLEAR:

"FIRE CHARLOTTE RODSTROM, HIRE ME FOR DISTRICT 2"


Fort Lauderdale – Fort Lauderdale City Commission (District 2) candidate Howard Elfman makes a simple and direct request to voters in advance of the February 10 election: "Fire incumbent Charlotte Rodstrom and hire me."


As a message, it's clear. As a request, it's simple. And as a strategy it's getting me noticed: it underscores my business and entrepreneurial background…my experience running and managing businesses and people…and my campaign promise to run Fort Lauderdale's government like a business to ensure accountability to taxpayers.


At the Dolphin Democrats' candidate forum last Wednesday night, Charlotte Rodstrom was forced to defend her tenure on the Commission after I opened with, "Fire Charlotte, hire me." Her remarks then catalogued her unfulfilled promises to the GLBT community over the past three years, and left many of the room's GLBT leadership scratching their heads over her repeated claims of outreach.


At the Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce last Friday morning, my call to "Fire Charlotte, hire me" struck a chord with the business leaders in the room, particularly after Charlotte touted her knowledge of the city's finances by telling the crowd she watches "Squawkbox" every morning. One past president of the Chamber handed me a note congratulating me for my focus on the issues and performance at the debate.


As a quick reminder, here's my promise to Fort Lauderdale's voters:


* I'm a successful businessman and entrepreneur who wants to take my business experience and apply it to Fort Lauderdale's government – first and foremost, to ensure accountability to the taxpayers.


* I have a vision for Fort Lauderdale. I want to recharge residents and citizens to rally around a major cause before the city's centennial in 2011 – I want Fort Lauderdale to become an All-America City, a major honor that requires significant community input to achieve. And I will lead this effort.


* Most importantly, I will actually listen and respond to the needs of District 2 residents – a striking contrast to my opponent, who has spent the past three years saying "No" instead of helping to move the city forward.


For more information log on to www.ElectHowardElfman.com
to Contribute click HERE

To Volunteer Volunteer@ElectHowardElfman.com

No comments: