Mayor Daisy Black Endorses Alan Clendenin


AlanClendenin.com E-mail Update
As the 2008-2012 First Vice Chair of the Miami Dade Democratic Party, I saw first hand who was actively involved in the Get Out The Vote effort in Miami Dade County. The majority of the work in Miami Dade was done by grassroots volunteers who took their time to canvass, make phone calls and register voters. This was a labor of love for the President and some of them partnered with Organizing for America.
I have been involved with the Miami Dade Democratic Party over 20 years and the Florida Democratic Party for fifteen years. I have seen the transition from Miami Dade Democratic Party Chairs over the last twelve years. Miami Dade has several strong clubs that have come through when the times got tough and I commend them. They are the unsung heroes who give their time over and over. I have also been the state president of the Democratic Black Caucus of Florida(2003-2007) and organized over twenty five county caucuses that worked well with their local county Democratic Executive Committees.
I read Alan Clendenin's Plan; "Rebrand, Rebuild, Recruit." I found it to be the best plan I have seen coming from a candidate running for Florida Democratic Party Chair. It is a plan of inclusion and direct action. I also had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Clendenin at the Broward County Democratic Executive Committee elections and had the opportunity to ask him questions about his plan. I came away satisfied that he would do well as our Florida Democratic Party Chair.
Let us not lose sight of the main goal of the Democratic Party. We must elect the best qualified candidates to lead in all political races and we must start with electing the best candidate to lead the Florida Democratic Party. "That candidate is Alan Clendenin."

No comments: