President Obama Endorses Debbie Wasserman Schultz for Reelection


Photo credit, Christ Dilts / DNC

The Debbie Wasserman Schultz for Congress campaign announced today that President Barack Obama has endorsed her reelection.

President Obama said:

"Debbie has been a strong, progressive leader in Congress and a hardworking, committed Chair of our national Party since I proudly nominated her to the role in 2011.

“She always stands up and fights for what is right for her district while passionately supporting middle class families.

“Throughout my time as President I have seen Debbie bring an unwavering commitment to her family, her constituents, and our shared goals of protecting seniors, supporting working families, and expanding economic opportunity for more people.

“I strongly endorse her reelection to Congress and look forward to her future service on behalf of the people of South Florida."

Debbie said:

“President Obama has led this country from the depths of the Great Recession to an unprecedented period of private-sector job growth and low unemployment, and I’ve been proud to stand by him and help advance his agenda in Congress. Together, the President and Congressional Democrats rescued the automobile industry, ensured health care coverage for millions more Americans, implemented major Wall Street reforms and stronger consumer protections, all in spite of Republican obstructionism at every turn, which continues today.

“His endorsement means so much to me, and inspires me to work even harder for the people of Florida’s 23rd Congressional District.

"I’ve dedicated my life to serving the people of South Florida and look forward to earning their support to once again be their voice and their vote in our nation’s capital.”

1 comment:

Randy Fleischer said...

DWS has been representing me for two decades. There is no one representing me that I am more proud of. President Obama just endorsed Debbie's re-election. She is well deserving. She represents our democratic views in Congress and runs the national Democratic Party - she is a great chair! Debbie has opponents in the primary and in the general. She will again need our help to continue to represent us! I have little doubt that DWS will win re-election again - she never loses!