SHERIFF SCOTT ISRAEL RESPONDS TO THE IUPA VOTE


A total of 534 union members voted no confidence, while 94 said they had confidence in the sheriff.
About 1,300 deputies are represented by the union.
Two other unions, including one that represents the largest number of BSO employees, have expressed their support for the sheriff.

Statement From Broward County Sheriff Israel 
"I am accountable to the citizens of Broward County. My job is to continue to do the job I was elected to do, which is to ensure the safety of Broward County's 1.9 million residents. I will not be distracted from my duties by this inconsequential IUPA union vote, which was designed to extort a 6.5 percent pay raise from this agency. Those who purportedly voted in this straw ballot reflect only a small number of the 5,400 BSO employees. The unions representing the vast majority of our employees solidly support the leadership of this agency."

No comments: