Jim Defede Coming Back To Radio in South Florida

UPDATE: 01-03-08


Talk show host Jim DeFede returns to radio on Monday, this time on WFTL, 850AM.DeFede will be heard from 4 to 7 p.m. from Monday through Friday, the station said in a prepared release.Prior to WFTL, DeFede hosted a morning show on WINZ, AM940. He was named "Best AM Radio Personality" for 2007 by New Times Broward-Palm Beach.DeFede was an award-winning writer for the Miami New Times for 11 years, a metro columnist for the Miami Herald for three years and currently writes for Miami Monthly Magazine. He is also a commentator and investigative reporter for CBS4 News in Miami."I'm thrilled to be back with my own show and to be working for WFTL," DeFede said in a prepared release on Thursday.








UPDATE: 09-12-07As Reported in the Miami Hearald
Jim DeFede, whose talk show on WINZ-AM (940) ended on Aug. 31, is moving to another South Florida radio station. He won't say where, but reportedly he'll join WFTL-AM (850) in early December. (DeFede's noncompete agreement with WINZ owner Clear Channel requires him to sit out for 90 days.)DeFede, a WFOR-CBS4 commentator and former Miami Herald columnist, says his one-year deal with WINZ expired on July 24. ``My show was not canceled.''The station asked for an extension through Aug. 31, he says. He agreed. As that deadline neared, WINZ offered another two months. DeFede wanted long-term. ``They told me that if I didn't like it, I could go out and try to find myself another station to work for.''He did -- with the help of agent Andrew Korge. DeFede cut a two-year deal.WFTL is owned by James Crystal Radio Group. Former TV anchor and reporter Kelley Mitchell is a morning co-host. The station also airs conservative syndicated hosts Dr. LauraSchlessinger, Bill O'Reilly and Michael Savage And Demo Babe Stacy Ritter.Says DeFede: ``My views aren't going to change based on the station I'm on.''WINZ is licensed to Miami, WFTL to West Palm Beach, says University of Miami broadcasting professor Dr. Mitchell Shapiro. ''A different reach,'' says Shapiro, who adds that both stations can be heard in parts of the tri-county area.DeFede will likely have a morning or afternoon gig.DeFede, 45, who underwent emergency surgery in June to remove fluid from around his heart, is feeling fine. ''Since April, the last time I weighed myself, I've lost 63 pounds.'' He orders portion-controlled meals from chef Mario Bladimirsquy's Diet At Your Doorstep in Coconut Creek, which advertised on DeFede's show. And, he exercises. ``I'm walking every night, about a mile and a quarter.''DeFede's plan for the ''down time'' before his return to radio? ``I'm going to get a trainer.'' DeFede will likely have a morning or afternoon gig.DeFede, 45, who underwent emergency surgery in June to remove fluid from around his heart, is feeling fine. ''Since April, the last time I weighed myself, I've lost 63 pounds.'' He orders portion-controlled meals from chef Mario Bladimirsquy's Diet At Your Doorstep in Coconut Creek, which advertised on DeFede's show. And, he exercises. ``I'm walking every night, about a mile and a quarter.''
DeFede's plan for the ''down time'' before his return to radio? ``I'm going to get a trainer.''


-------------------------------------------------------


Rumor has it.....

Jim DeFede To move to Live85.com ... WFTL-850

Home of Rush Limbaugh's Demo Babe Stacy Ritter

Maybe he will knock off Mitchell and Morley in Drive Time........
What A Snooze.....


A Election '08 News Site:
For News And Commentary:
For Florida Election News See:
Political Talk For And By Political Junkies
Just Rumors The Rumor Mills

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi everyone, Just wanted to get the word out for those having trouble loosing weight...
I have my family on Smart for life cookies, they are all doing great. Some have diabetes, THe program is great for that- somejust need a few pounds off - It's good for that - or myself, I don't need to loose. But need to eat or I will get fat....
The girls in the jupiter centre (Indian Town Rd)
are great, When I'm up north they send me the low/ NO CALORIE Calorie dips, spreads, marinades, dressing, & BBQ sauce...