A Message from Commissioner Beam Furr


Happy New Year District 6!

As a new county commissioner, this year promises to be an adventure with new challenges and new opportunities. I have been appointed to the Climate Change Task Force and Water Resources Task Force. These Boards have done tremendous work over the last few years. The more I read, the more I am impressed with the depth of research and analysis that has already taken place. I am committed to working on the implementation of these recommendations this year. I have also been appointed to the Children's Services Council. Having just garnered 76% of the vote in Broward County for reauthorization, this organization has captured the interest and support of the voters for the work it does on behalf of the children in this county. As a teacher and a librarian, I come to this with a unique perspective and look forward to being a part of the conversation. I will be looking for ways to enhance early childhood education and to expand the availability of Voluntary Prekindergarten. These are investments that bring tremendous returns in both human capital and economic benefits. While those appointments will require some of my time and attention, I am committed to being accessible to you, the constituents, at all times. Our district office, conveniently located in the lobby of the Hollywood Branch of the Broward County Public Library will be staffed 5 days per week. If you would like to schedule an appointment, call my office at 954-357-7006 or send me an email atbfurr@broward.org and I or my staff will be happy to make accommodations for you.

No comments: