Wasserman Schultz Statement on Thanksgiving



“Today, Americans of all backgrounds, cultures, faith traditions and orientations will come together to give thanks and spread love to their families, friends, and significant others.  It is in this time of gratitude that I reflect on the many people and values for which I am grateful  - family and friends, colleagues and constituents, freedom and fairness, humility and hope. More than ever before, it is crucial that we embrace the compassionate spirit of the holiday season. So as we come together today, we cannot be oblivious to the plight of this nation. We have an obligation to extend these values to all Americans, to show that division, hatred and bigotry will never outshine unity, love, tolerance and support for our fellow woman and man. I wish everyone a healthy, safe and meaningful holiday and a little more love and kindness in everyone's life.”






I have a lot of favorite Thanksgiving dinner table moments, but I look forward to the same one every year. You probably have a similar moment at your dinner table.

Once the table is set, the food is out, and everyone is at peak hungriness -- no matter how eager Steve and my kids are to eat -- we go around the table and say what we’re thankful for. I can be a stickler for tradition!

I’m always thankful for the health and happiness of my family and the opportunity to wake up and help other families as part of my job, but it never hurts to say it out loud.
That’s why I love Thanksgiving. It gives us the chance to pause and remember what’s important and who’s important to us. Life can be hectic, but I hope you take the time today to slow down, relax, and enjoy hanging out with your family and friends. I know that’s what I’ll be doing.

Of course, the food never hurts either. Cooking healthy but delicious food (it can be both, I promise!) is a hobby of mine, so Thanksgiving means game-on in the kitchen. I even sacrifice a little healthiness for taste just for one day. If you need ideas for a last-minute dish, visit my Instagram to see some of my favorite recipes.

Well, I don’t want to take up any more of your time unwinding and spending time with loved ones. On behalf of my husband, Steve, the kids, and myself, have a healthy, and happy Thanksgiving.

Debbie

No comments: