Message From Congressman Tim Mahoney

I am under attack by a shadowy special interest group who is practicing
the politics of division, fear and destruction. These partisan tactics are
the old ways that got us into trouble the last eight years. 

This weekend Defense of Democracies, a group of political extremists,
launched a deceitful ad attacking my opposition to Bush's
unconstitutional warrantless wiretapping program. The worst part about the ad is that it
scares people for no reason. It implies that as of last Friday, ourgovernment has been unable to "intercept Al-Qaeda communications." This is simply not true.

Our intelligence agencies can still initiate wire-taps without waiting
on red-tape to avert catastrophic risk, the only difference is they now
must obtain a 72-hour retroactive warrant, which has been the law of the
land for 30 years.

This attack-organization states that I refused to vote on the issue,
which is false, and that by refusing to vote on the issue I could go "on
vacation." In reality, I voted for the House version, which held hold
the telecoms who collaborated with this illegal activity accountable. As
for the "vacation," I spent that week working with the State Department and
FAUto resolve the Visiting Teacher Crisis, helped Florida students
interview elderly WWII veterans so their stories won¹t be lost to history, held
two tax-rebate workshops for my constituents, met with officials and
constituents, and campaigned for reelection.

Here's how to help:

1. Forward this to as many people as possible.

2. If you can, please consider making a contribution at
http://www.timmahoneyforflorida.com/contribute

My constituents sent me here to instill a new sense of purpose and to
abandon the ways of old.  My campaign and first term have been
dedicated to
providing common sense solutions to today¹s problems and reaching
across
the aisle to work with Republicans and Democrats.  I will not deviate
from that agenda no matter what the detractors may say.

Thanks,
Tim




  
For News And Commentary:
Broward News And Politics
 
For Florida Election News See:
 

No comments: