Update From Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz


What the American Jobs Act Means for You
On Monday, President Obama sent the American Jobs Act he to Congress. This bold agenda would immediately improve our economy and create jobs without adding acent to the deficit. I began this year by joining my Democratic colleagues in measuring every proposal by whether it creates jobs, strengthens the middle class, and reduces the deficit – and I am eager to work with my colleagues across the aisle to achieve those goals. The American Jobs Act measures up to those standards and Members of Congress from both parties need to come together and pass this legislation as soon as possible.READ MORE
Senior Town Halls
Thank you to all of you who came out for my town halls in August in Sunrise and Plantation focusing on Medicare, Social Security and the Affordable Health Care Act. It was great to talk with you about improvements seniors are already seeing in Medicare with the addition of free wellness visits and free preventive screenings.  Preserving Social Security and Medicare is of the utmost importance and I will continue to work on your behalf to protect these programs for seniors and future generations of Americans. READ MORE
If you missed these town halls, your're not out of luck, C-Span covered my Plantation town hall and you can watch the video by clicking here and then clicking on the link on the right under "video playlist."
I am proud to be an advocate for the people of South Florida, and my office is always open to you. You can reach us in Pembroke Pines at 954-437-3936, in Aventura at 305-936-5724 and in Washington, DC at202-225-7931.  I’m also available online at http://wassermanschultz.house.gov where you can sign up for my e-newsletter, on Facebook, and Comcast-on-demand customers can stay up to date with my work for you on channel 890.
Please Feel Free to Tell a Friend

E-MAIL UPDATES
Yes, please periodically send me e-mail updates.*

Click Here

*By subscribing to my
e-mail updates, you are authorizing me to send regular e-mail updates from my office to your e-mail account.
CONTACT INFORMATION
WASHINGTON D.C. OFFICE
118 Cannon H.O.B
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: 202-225-7931
Fax: 202-226-2052
AVENTURA OFFICE
19200 West Country Club Drive, 3rd Floor
Aventura, FL 33180
Phone: 305-936-5724
Fax: 305-932-9664
PEMBROKE PINES OFFICE
10100 Pines Blvd.
Pembroke Pines, FL 33026
Phone: 954-437-3936
Fax: 954-437-4776

No comments: