Wasserman Schultz Statement on Beginning of 115th Congress



 Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (FL-23) issued the following statement after she was sworn in for her seventh term in the U.S. House of Representatives:

“South Florida is a diverse and vibrant community and it is an incredible responsibility and honor to represent the people of Florida’s 23rd Congressional District in the House of Representatives. I will continue using my vote and my voice to stand up for each of my constituents, no matter their race, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or nationality. Every one of us deserves to have our voice heard and our rights protected, and I will carry that charge with me every single day of the 115thCongress,” Rep. Wasserman Schultz said.

“As we begin this Congress, Republicans are already planning to dismantle the Affordable Care Act, President Obama’s historic legislation, and take quality, affordable health care away from more than 20 million Americans, including millions in Florida. I will continue to work constructively with my colleagues in both parties to improve the law and make it even more affordable. However, I will stand in the breach against any attempt to repeal this lifesaving law that is fundamentally improving our nation’s health care, from ensuring those with pre-existing conditions are covered to extending the solvency of the Medicare Trust Fund.

“But on areas where our parties agree, I will continue reaching across the aisle to work with my Republican colleagues, no matter how disparate some of our disagreements, to move our nation and world forward.”

No comments: