Open Letter To Mayor Jim Naugle

Last week Mayor Naugel, in a televised interview, after his flap with the 250,000.00 toilet. Commented the he loves homosexuals, but it is his religion that homosexuals are committing a sin. So I have a few questions for the Mayor 
 
Dear Mayor Naugel,
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's law. I
have learned a great deal from you and try to share that knowledge with as
many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements
of God's Laws and how to follow them:

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and
female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine
claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not to Canadians. Can you
clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in
Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for
her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in
her  period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem
is, how do  I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a
pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors.
  They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2
clearly states that he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated
to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that, even though eating shellfish is an
abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than
homosexuality.  I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there "degrees" of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I
have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does
my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair
around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27.
How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes
me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two
different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of
two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to
curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the
trouble of getting the whole  town together to stone them (Lev.  24:10-16)?
Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with
people who sleep with their in-laws (Lev.20:14)?  I know you have studied
these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such
matters, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.


  
A Election '08 News Site:
For News And Commentary:
 
For Florida Election News See:
 
Political Talk For And By Political Junkies
Just Rumors The Rumor Mills

No comments: